Monitoring & Evaluation
THPS in collaboration with CHMT’s, RHMT’s NACP and ZIHTLP strengthen national HIV/AIDS patient monitoring systems within care and treatment, PMTCT, HTC, TB/HIV, CECAP and KVP programs in Pwani, Kigoma and Zanzibar. THPS provide technical support in the planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities required for all HIV/AIDS programs, in the following ways:
- Building health care worker capacity to use HIV patient monitoring tools (both paper-based and electronic)
- Conducting supportive supervision and mentorship on monitoring and evaluation tools
- Computerizing sites and facilitating the hire of data clerks, as needed
- Use of roving data clerk for mobile data entry to lower level facilities.
- Facilitate mobile data entry to remote and low volume sites.
- Conducting regular data quality assurance assessments using the national guideline for the management of HIV/AIDS data quality
- Carrying out quarterly data collection, analysis, and timely reporting to the Donors, Ministry of Health and Social Welfare National AIDS Control Program through the district and regional medical officers
- Facilitating program review and data sharing meetings for generation of evidence based programming.
- Participating in program evaluations